...a sweater, that is.
It all started yesterday, when I went to Goodwill (I don't go there often, too far away and there's never any craft stuff) and got a sweater for like $5. I saw some others I might want, but this one was just a practice, so I only got one. It's some kind of silk/cotton/angora blend. I wish I'd looked closer at how thick the yarn was, but I'll find a way to use the thinner stuff.
Here is my sweater:
Notice the lovely shaping that sort of looks like fake pockets on the front, and the collar...
Aaaahhh!! The collar is eating my face!
Once I got past the seams, which were all pretty good (though I couldn't find a seam ripper for the labels :( ), I ripped apart the collar and sleeve cuffs, which were of a thicker yarn than the rest of it...
Still eating my head...
All ripped up! I added the 7up can at the last moment for a reference.
Then, I had to figure out how to wind it into hanks. Or rather, what to wind it around...
Object 1: a shoebox lid. Worked great, but my arms got tired and there was almost too much yarn for this one.
Object 2: a girl scout cookie box. I knew those were good for something...(besides, you know, storing stuff in your closet or delivering cookies. Yum!) Worked, but it seemed awkward. (Side note: one sleeve wrapped approximately 260 times around the box)
Object 3: spinning desk chair. I thought that since, you know, it spins, it would make the job that much faster. Nope. In fact, on the second main body part, my yarn broke like two or three times (I think I was putting too much tension on the poor stuff, though).
Still seemed tedious. Me thinks I need a new technique (or a chair that doesn't raise/lower when you spin it.)
Finally, at approx. 11:40 pm:
Done, with piles and piles of yarn to wash, wind into balls, and figure out a use for. Oh, yay. *rolls eyes sarcastically*