Monday, August 16, 2010

Business as usual

As it is summer and I have finished my 10 week student research gig, I seem to have a lot of time on my hands. This is evidenced by my habit of being up bright and early to do, well, nothing. Following that, I spent some time working on some unfinished projects. This is an amineko that I started over a year ago, only to be stuffed in the bottom of my knitting bag and forgotten about. Poor little guy. He needs another ear, a nose, and a tail before he can be assembled.
This lovely guy here decided to help me, thus hindering my ability to crochet quite a lot. He's quite cuddly, though, so I don't mind too much. His name is Elvis.

Later, I went on a walk. It involved a plethora of pictures, of course. A few of my favorites:


As you can see, I'm a fan of fungi, though I did manage to get a few flower shots in there, too.

This was followed by lunch and bowling with the bestie. We bowled FIVE games. It was intense, and I will shamelessly admit to being abysmal at bowling (most of the time).

It is now a quiet (but a bit chilly) summer evening and, as such, the frogs seem to have plastered themselves to every surface available, including the screen door. Wheeee!


I think that's all for this day, and this girl is heading off to bed. Days of nothing are hard work, after all.

No comments: