Friday, August 20, 2010

Finished Yay!

Well, I now have my first completed object in....well...a long time. A very long time. Okay, so it's not completely complete, I still have an end to weave in, but that's it, and it shall get done as soon as I finish this post.

I give you: the aluminum crochet hook case, from here.

I changed a few things, like the contrasting edging and took a few rows out, and I do not plan on having any sort of closure, as the pockets seem tight enough that I don't think it's necessary. I also didn't add the plastic canvas, as it seems sturdy enough without it.

Artsy shot:

 It holds most of my hooks (I have a few more that I can't seem to find, like my J and K hooks). I even managed to fit my N hook in there!

And here it is closed, with the lone end I have left. It stays closed well enough for my tastes, and at any rate, I can always add a ribbon around it (which was my original plan, before I got lazy) to use for a closure.

That's it for pictures. I also worked on a few more granny squares. I've got 43 of them at this point, just 13 short of my goal of 56. I did the granny-a-day along on Craftster for the month of June, and still need to make a few more, finish the ends, and sew all of the squares together. Then I'm going to add a border until it is as big as I want it to be. (My squares are all four rounds, which makes them about...4 inches square (and yes I did just measure that). I prefer my blankets to be a bit bigger than that, and I have a lot of random colors of worsted weight acrylic yarn to eat through, so I'll just keep going until I like it.) Hopefully, I will be at the point of starting the border by the time I move back to school on Sept. 6th.

As it stands right now: 43/56 crocheted, 29/43 have ends weaved in. This might take a while...

No comments: